What is Telemedicine?
The Australian Government Department of Health defines Telemedicine as the:
"Use of telecommunication technologies to exchange health information and provide health care services across geographic, time, social and cultural barriers"
Basically, Telemedicine is allowing Doctors to see, diagnose and offer treatment to Patients via their phone, tablet, computer or any smart device connected to the internet.
Benefits of Telemedicine & Telehealth
With increasing number of Australians using telehealth every year
MBS Online, there are many situations and people that would greatly benefit from telehealth, including:
- No need to waste time travelling to the Doctor for something that can be simply treated online
- Being filled with sick people, Medical Centres sometimes are why we catch the flu or a virus
- If you have kids, you know what a hassle it can be to arrange to take them to the Doctor
- You may have a private or embarrassing question or topic you want to discuss with a Doctor
- If your Doctor or Medical Centre isn’t open after hours or on Sundays, you can still be seen and treated.
- Many people looking for the top-notch quality healthcare services try to find us spelling our name incorrectly on the web - doctor roo, doctor oo, dr oo and droo.
Doctoroo – the telehealth platform with a difference
doctoroo was designed by a Medical Scientist, with vast contributions from many pharmacists and doctors. Our core mission is taking care of you – whether it be by booking a Doctor online, ordering your medication, arranging medication delivery or any of the other features our users love about us.
About our name The name doctoroo originated with our core mission –taking care of you, anytime, anywhere. Being an extremely fast Australian-native animal with many species being nocturnal, it was a perfect fit for giving fast access to Australians to a doctor, anytime of the day. Since users find out about us via their friends, family or colleagues, sometimes our name Is misspelt as doctor oo, doctor roo, droo and dr oo among others.
Don’t just take our word for it - Backed by science & research
We’re serious about healthcare and about the health of our users. That’s why we’ve made sure doctoroo actually helps you. Telehealth platforms have been studied, and shown to be beneficial in various ways through widely-recognised scientific research and studies.
1. A 2005 study of a telehealth medical evaluation program at five childcare centers found that the program reduced children’s’ absences due to illness by 63% and avoided provider office or emergency room visits in nearly 94% of cases.
2. A study found that telemedicine resulted in the readmission rate being reduced from 20% to 4% as well as a reduction in the length of stay and overall costs.
3.In the US, 74% of patients said they would use telehealth services
4. About 90% of surveyed healthcare executives report that their organizations have already begun developing or implementing a telemedicine program
5. A 2008 UC-San Francisco study compared skin cancer patients who received store and forward tele-dermatology services with patients who received conventional dermatology referrals. The tele-dermatology patients, on average, completed their initial consults in 4 days, versus 48 days for conventionally referred patients
6. A study of post-traumatic stress disorder patients found that telemedicine patients had fewer treatment program drop-outs, 6% versus 29%.
What conditions and symptoms can be treated via telehealth?
Any many others
How much does seeing a doctor online cost?
Although no one can put a price on a person’s health, it’s completely free to signup & use our site and app. Only when you book and see a doctor will you be charged anything. As one of Australia's most affordable way to see a doctor online, consultations start from just $28, with the average consultation being around 7-8 minutes, costing just $38.
For full details View our Pricing
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bank-level SSL Security Certificate
- Backed up data for your security
- End-to-end encryption for consultations
View Privarcy Policy
See a doctor Today, from just $24
Taking care of your health begins with a single step, make a doctoroo account and see a doctor today.