What is Telemedicine?
The Australian Government (Department of Health) [link: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/e-heal th-telehealth ] defines Telemedicine as the: use of telecommunication technologies to exchange health informati on and provide health care services across geographic, time, social and cultural barriers ~ The International Organ isation for Standardisation Basically, Telemedicine is allowing Doctors to see, diagnose and offer treatm ent to Patients via their phone, tablet, computer or any smart device connected to the int ernet.
Benefits of Telemedicine & Telehealth
With increasing number of Australians using telehealth every year (MBS Online,
), there are many situations and people that would greatly benefit from teleheal
1. No need to waste time travelling to the Doctor for something that can be simply treated online
2. Being filled with sick people, Medical Centres sometimes are why we catch the flu or a virus
3. If you have kids, you know what a hassle it can be to arrange to take them to the Doctor
4. You may have a private or embarrassing question or topic you want to disc uss with a Doctor
5. If your Doctor or Medical Centre isn ’ t open after hours or on Sundays , you can still be see and treated ? Often, Doctors tell us to rest in bed, and that ’ s where you can now see the doctor from
Doctoroo – the telehealth platform with a difference
Doctoroo was designed by a Medical Scientist, with vast contributions fro
m many Pharmacists and
Doctors. Our core mission is taking care of you
whether it be by booking a Doctor online, ordering
your medication, arranging medication delivery or any of the other features
our users love about us.
About our name
originated with our core mission
taking care of you, anytime, anywhere
Being an extremely fast Australian-native animal with many species being no
cturnal, it was a perfect
fit for giving fast access to Australians to a doctor, anytime of the day
Since users find out about us via their friends, family or colleagues, somet
imes our name Is misspelt
Don ’ t just take our word for it - Backed by science & researc h We ’ re serious about healthcare and about the health of our users. That ’ s why we ’ ve made sure doctoroo actually helps you. Telehealth platforms have been studied, an d shown to be beneficial in various ways through widely-recognised scientific research and studies.
1. A 2005 study of a telehealth medical evaluation prog ram at five childcare centers found that the program reduced children ’ s ’ absences due to illness by 63% and avoided provider office or emergency room visits in ne arly 94% of cases.
2. A study found that telemedicine resulted in the readm ission rate being reduced from 20% to 4% as well as a reduction in the length of sta y and overall costs.
3. In the US, 74% of patients said they would use telehea lth services
4. About 90% of surveyed healthcare executives report tha t their organizations have already begun developing or implementing a telemedici ne program
5. A 2008 UC-San Francisco study compared skin cancer patien ts who received store and forward tele-dermatology services with patients who received conventional dermatology referrals. The tele-dermatology patients, on average, completed their initial consults in 4 days, versus 48 days for conventiona lly referred patients
6. A study of post-traumatic stress disorder patients found t hat telemedicine patients had fewer treatment program drop-outs, 6% versus 29%.
Don ’ t just take our word for it - Backed by science & researc h
you can sees a doctor
How much does seeing a doctor online cost?
Although no one can put a price on a person ’ s health, it ’ s completely free to signup & use our app. You ’ ll only need to pay when you talk to a doctor online. As Australia ’ s most affordable way to see a doctor online, consultations start from just $28, with the average consultation being around 7-8 minutes, costing just $38.
For full details View our Pricing
Frequently Asked Questions
View Privarcy Policy
See a doctor Today, from just $24
Taking care of your health begins with a single step, make a doctoroo account and see a doctor today.