If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site, App or products and services offered on or through it.
1. Collection of personal information
Personal information: The type of information we collect from you or from third parties, may include:
- contact details including email address, mailing or street address and telephone number;
- identification papers;
- age or date of birth;
- health information including sensitive information set out in clause 4;
- names and details, including health information, of your family members;
- credit card information;
- insurance certificates and confirmations for healthcare providers;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- information you provide to us through surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, and our response;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Site or App, associated applications, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- sensitive information as set out in clause 4 below; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
Your use of our Site or App: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site or App, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site or App, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to enable you to access and use our Site or App and any associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for analytics, market research and business development including to operate and improve our Site, App and any associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information and about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing materials.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- healthcare providers, doctors, pharmacies and other third parties on the Site who are required to perform the services you have requested;
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
These third parties may also store a copy of your personal information for record keeping and backup purposes such as in a file deposit, in a software or via other means.
Such entities generally include:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as (but not limited to) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers; marketing or advertising providers;
- any applicable or relevant regulator or third party for the purpose of legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting;
- any related entities of ours; or
- other entities if you have given express consent.
From time to time, these parties may reside outside Australia. Our contracts with these parties generally include an obligation for them to comply with Australian privacy law. However, you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of personal information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient's compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to personal information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients. On this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. In referring to ‘sensitive information’ we mean information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records, health information or biometric information.
The types of sensitive information that we may collect include health and medical information such as:
- where medication is ordered, Medicare, DVA and Safety Net Concession numbers;
- healthcare identifiers;
- patient medical history;
- medications, allergies, adverse events, immunisations, social history, family history and risk factors;
- current symptoms and conditions;
- photographs of the affected areas;
- consultation summaries from doctors;
- medical certificates, prescriptions, referrals and other documents;
- information on sexual practices; and
- in the case of healthcare providers including doctors, membership of certain professional associations or memberships.
Sensitive information about you is only collected with your consent. By using the services available on the Site, you have expressly given us your consent to collect the relevant personal and sensitive information required to provide the services you have requested.
In the event that you have provided your consent, sensitive information will be only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, including:
- providing medical or health services as well as providing all features and services offered by the Site;
- providing services for a purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected;
- data analytics purposes; and/or
- referring you to medical or health service providers in circumstances where it is impractical for us to obtain your consent.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
5. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act ). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email or update the relevant information through your account. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
6. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site or App from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to
8. Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Doctoroo Australia Pty Ltd ABN 15616602629 Level 13/50 Carrington Street Sydney 2000, New South Wales Australia email@example.com
Last update: August 2017